One Exhibit. Endless Adventures.
Adventure has a new home in the African Rift Valley. Here you'll see giraffes loping through a wide open savannah, a mob of meerkats lounging in the sun, colobus monkeys jumping in the trees—and even a life-sized baobab tree.
Immerse yourself in up-close animal encounters and interactive learning experiences in this $11 million, award-winning exhibit. It spotlights Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's renowned giraffe herd—the largest at any zoo—in an open space similar to the African thorn savannah. You'll also see Grant's zebra, griffin vultures, kori bustards, Red river hogs, okapi and more!
African Rift Valley memory makers:
- Feeding the giraffes. Get eye-to-eye with these gentle giants and discover the thrill of having a long tongue take a treat gracefully from your hand!
- Being captivated by going inside a lief-szed 900-year-old baobab tree replica.
- Watching morning and evening giraffe "stampedes."
- Visiting the Red River hogs and okapi.
- Seeing the incredible vistas and Colobus monkeys from the view tower.